Wednesday, June 20, 2007

long texts

Somewhere in here is the option to show only the first paragraph of a long text. I've noticed that Andrew Sullivan sometimes uses such a mode, when he's putting up a long post. (James Lileks doesn't generally: basically all of his posts are rather long).

If I could figure out how to do this trick, I could put up article-sized posts on a blog, without creating posts that are thousands of words long. (Bill Whittle used his blog to put up an entire book, chapter by chapter. But that's not what I have in mind).

Anyway, I'll try. The text I'll be using is an article I once wrote after watching "Paradise Now", a very well made movie that was chock-full of lies and nasty tricks that most viewers wouldn't have been able to identify. As far as I remember, it was published somewhere in Holland (where the movvie came from), but no-where else. So if I succeed, this will be a world premiere of the original English - titled, wouldn't you guess - "Hell Now"

No comments: